Delivering on its vow to publish ‘games that spark joy’, Firestoke can today announce its working with developer Sunna Entertainment to bring 2D run ‘n’ gun platformer Planet Cube: Edge to consoles and Steam in early 2023.
Planet Cube: Edge throws players into a peaceful, cube-shaped world disrupted by an unknown force. Taking on the role of Edge, a skilled engineer who is able to shoot, jump, and dash, play focuses on navigating through an Underwater Weapons Facility, packed full of enemies and perils aplenty.
Sunna Entertainment’s epic places the arts of precision and skill front and centre, dressing the entire adventure in beautifully handcrafted pixel art. It’s a classic combination of being easy to learn but hard to master, delivering the kind of addictive ‘just one more go’ flow indie core players thrive on.
“The moment we first set eyes upon Planet Cube: Edge our team was in love,” says Firestoke CEO Paul Farley. “The retro visual style was what immediately attracted us, but once we started playing we couldn’t put the gamepad down! We are therefore over the moon to be working with the talented team at Sunna Entertainment to bring this amazing game to PC and Console players across the globe early in 2023. Planet Cube: Edge represents the unashamed joy over unabated violence mantra we live by at Firestoke andis the perfect example of the kind of game we want to help bring to market.”
Planet Cube: Edge includes:
- A Hero’s Journey: Play as Edge, an unlikely hero who is thrown into the midst of a mysterious alien invasion that threatens his homeworld.
- Precision Platforming: Fast-paced, precision platforming that is easy to learn but tricky to master. Hand-tailored challenges will test your skills as you navigate the facility.
- Epic Boss Fights: Four gigantic bosses which test your skill, reflexes, and determination!
- Tough But Fair: Regular checkpoints, immediate respawns, and unlimited attempts provide an accessible precision platforming experience.
- Level Variety: Traverse and dash through 8 levels including a high-tech underwater weapons facility, submerged rooms, train stations, and surface structures.
- A Visual Treat: Meticulously handcrafted pixel art which is stunning in motion with high frame rate animations and memorable character designs.
- Leaderboards: Battle your way to the top of the leaderboards by beating the community’s runs.
“Planet Cube: Edge has from the beginning been a game originated in our love for games that feel good to play and hard to put down. We strive to create a game we are truly proud of, and long nights and long days have and are being spent doing this,” adds Emilio Monge Vasquez, CTO at Sunna Entertainment. “We’re really happy to be working with a publisher like Firestoke that sees this and shares our thoughts on how fun our game truly is. See you all on PCs and consoles near you in early 2023.”
“After years of hard work we are finally close to releasing Planet Cube: Edge. It’s difficult to express how happy we are and we just can’t wait to get it out there so players can experience it,” says Virgilio Solis Rojas, CEO at Sunna Entertainment.
Firestoke will bring Planet Cube: Edge to consoles and Steam in early 2023.