Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order announced during today’s ID@Xbox Fall Showcase that Cities: Skylines – Plazas and Promenades is now available. Players can purchase this pedestrian-themed expansion on Steam, Epic, Microsoft Store, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 for a suggested retail price of 14.99 USD / 11.39 GBP / 14.99 EUR. Launching alongside Plazas and Promenades are “Mid-Century Modern” and “Seaside Resorts” content creator packs, as well as two additional radio packs.
Cities: Skylines – Plazas and Promenades introduces pedestrian areas, allowing players to create walkable cities and car-free areas around their ideal metropolis. This expansion also brings specialized districts and city service buildings to Cities: Skylines, deepening the city simulator’s management gameplay.
Cities: Skylines – Plazas and Promenades key features:
- Pedestrian Streets: let your citizens walk freely on pedestrian-only streets! Place them in your city like any other road and create new green city centers free of most vehicles and pollution.
- Pedestrian Areas and New Policies: activate three area-specific policies for your city, including Slow Driving: all roads in the pedestrian area, except highways, get a speed limit of 20 km/hour. Sugar Ban: increases the average lifespan of citizens in the pedestrian area but decreases their happiness. Street Music: increases happiness and noise pollution in pedestrian commercial areas.
- District Specialization: we added 3 new district specializations: offices, high-density residential areas, and high-density commercial areas. Setting a specialization on a district affects all area squares in that district that will spawn buildings with a different visual appearance and a gameplay effect. Each specialization features 24 new modern wall-to-wall buildings!
- City Service Buildings: service buildings are important, but how about awesome-looking service buildings? Connect them to pedestrian areas by matching their visual style and provide services that contribute to good happiness values.
Accompanying the release of Plazas and Promenades is a free update, two content creator packs, and two radio stations.
- “Mid-Century Modern” by Rev0 grants players sleek and stylish residential growable buildings, inspired by the iconic American design movement.
- “Seaside Resorts” by Gèze brings the spirit of the classic seaside resort towns, boulevards, and piers that flourished in 19th century America to Cities: Skylines.
Both Content Creator Packs are available for 5.99 USD / 4.79 GBP / 5.99 EUR.
Finally, the release also brings fresh tunes for aspiring city planners with two radio packs: Paradise Radio and Shoreline Radio.
For more information, please visit the Cities: Skylines website.