Team17 and Sole Survivor Games have today announced that groovy cult management sim Honey, I Joined a Cult, will be ascending out of Steam Early Access and into version 1.0 on 3rd November. Inviting players to cultivate their very own following, Honey, I Joined a Cult places players as the tycoon of their own cult. Design everything from the ground up, from the deity followers worship, to the location of the discombobulator – everything is in the player’s hands. Designing the cult’s base is but the first step to divinity; players will also need to balance the books with a host of dubious and expensive therapies for their followers. Law enforcement, government agencies, and angry protesters will also need their meddling mitigated, and the leader’s ever-growing ego kept in check.
During Steam Early Access, Honey, I Joined a Cult has launched three major content updates, expanding the variety of cults and game mechanics. Most recently, the Peace & Love update introduced six new themed rooms, two brand new endings to explore, new outfits, and a rework of the tutorial and prestige system. In March 2022, the Futurist Update took Honey I Joined a Cult to the final frontier, introducing new themed rooms, special characters and missions, new items, and updates to the Divine Inspiration and Research Tech trees. Full details for all Honey I Joined a Cult updates can be found on Steam.
Honey, I Joined A Cult key features:
- Exploit your followers: Strange and exciting quack therapies offer great opportunities to extract cash from the gullible.
- Take full control of a funky cult: Recruit cultists to maintain the organisation’s smooth operation; keep them entertained and happy to grow your money and influence.
- Build ‘freaky deaky’ bases: Build the cult from the ground up and design the layout from ‘hypno-chambers’ and bathrooms to monoliths and bedrooms.
- Branch out into the community: Send minions out to spread the good word, or just get them to steal fancy items for your cult HQ.
- Stick it to ‘The Man’: Overcome threats from law enforcement, oppressive government bodies, and misinformed protesters.
- Get down with deities: Choose where your cult’s heading – world peace or the second coming of the Squid Lord?
Would be cult leaders can purchase Honey, I Joined a Cult on Steam right now for $21.99 / €21.99 / £17.49.