Explore new alternate histories of humanity’s most titanic struggle in By Blood Alone, a new expansion for Hearts of Iron IV, Paradox Interactive’s grand strategy wargame about World War II. Adding three new major National Focus Trees, By Blood Alone offers a series of tantalizing what-if stories, where the player writes new histories of ideological and military struggle.
Now scheduled for a 27 September release, By Blood Alone centers the political and military fortunes of Italy. The historical path, as always, is open to those who want to relive the dramatic years before and during the war. Alternatively, players can engineer the end of Mussolini’s rule through a socialist revolution or a strong monarchy.
Other features of Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone include:
- New Ethiopian Focus Tree: Defy the odds to defeat the Italian invader or resist the conqueror from abroad using unique Government in Exile abilities.
- New Swiss Focus Tree: Surrounded by France, Germany and Italy, the mountain nation of Switzerland finds strength in its neutrality, balancing competing factions and overtures from the great powers.
- New Peace Conference Options: Demilitarize zones of the map or entire nations, bid on the capital ships of defeated powers, or claim control of enemy resources or factories as reparations.
- Aircraft Designer: Design and build your own planes, from nimble interceptors that prioritize speed to durable bombers crafted to unload tons of destruction from high above.
- Unit Medals: A log of each division’s accomplishments lets you track their performance, and even allow you to award medals to those that have performed well.
- Embargo Interaction: Embargo your enemies with a new diplomatic interaction, preventing them from trading with you if they have generated enough world tension.
- New Unit Models: More than 20 new pieces of unit art for Italian, Ethiopian and Swiss armies.
- New Plane Models: 67 new plane models.
- 12 New Music Tracks.
As usual, the release of By Blood Alone will be accompanied by a major update to Hearts of Iron IV, available for free for everyone who owns the game.
Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone will be available on 27 September 2022 for a suggested retail price of $19.99/£15.49/€19.99.